Interfaith Hospitality Network of Ocean County
Homelessness Affects Children and Their Families:
* A mother loses her job.
* A father cannot work because of an injury.
* A family loses its home by fire or natural disaster.
* A family must choose between medical costs and rent or mortgage payments.
* Public transportation is unavailable or too expensive.
* Affordable housing is scarce in Ocean County.
These are a few examples of why families now make up 40 percent of our homeless population, and why one out of every four homeless persons is a child. In response to this crisis, the Interfaith Hospitality Network brings the faith community together to help families regain their housing, their independence, and their dignity.